Saturday 18 October 2014

My Melody Rainbow Chiffon Cake


This is a My Melody rainbow chiffon cake I absolutely loved doing for my friend Dorothea's daughter's birthday because My Melody is sooo adorable!

The face is made from vanilla chiffon cake using the same recipe and protocol as my Hello Kitty chiffon cupcakes except that I baked the face in a glass oval bowl (inherited from my parents) and used strawberry paste + red yeast powder on the pink portion.


The base cake is rainbow chiffon cake using the recipe from Pastel Rainbow Chiffon Cake. I forgot to take a picture of the rainbow layers in my rush to make the cake. Thankfully my friend sent me a picture of the cake with her adorable kids!


The rest of the details are cut out from excess cake batter and glued on with melted marshmallows.


Opps and I forgot to mention the marshmallow flowers surprise I had for her in the cake till Dorothea mentioned how much her daughter liked it ;) Thank God she shared her kids enjoyed and loved the cake!


Happy blessed birthday to Abbie (thank you Dorothea for giving me this privilege to make this cake for her)!

With lots of love,
Susanne


1 comment: