Friday 29 August 2014

Rainbow Flowers Snowskin Mooncake

I have been and will be busy making mooncakes for others for two weeks. In the midst of making rainbow snowskin mooncakes,  I thought why not have some fun. And so these rainbow colored flower mooncakes came about :)

Aren't they pretty :)

These brought a smile to my face as I was starting to feel like a factory churning out mooncakes :p.

Here's a pastel rainbow moonie!


I used the recipe from my previous post to make these snowskin mooncakes. Check out how smooth the dough looks!


Use liquid food coloring to color the dough as it is easier to incorporate the coloring into the dough than gel food coloring.

Here's a peek at how I made the flowers...



Remember to use just enough dough to cover the patterns at the base and dust the mould with a bit of kou fen (cooked glutinous rice flour). Otherwise the patterns will not come out nicely.

All packed and ready to be served! 

With love,
Phay Shing

2 comments:

  1. May I ask where did u get this mold? Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jaques, I got the mould from Phoon Huat. This is a 50g mould so the mooncakes are minis :)

      Delete