Thursday 21 August 2014

Pastel Rainbow Pinata Chiffon Cake


This is a Doc McStuffins-themed pastel rainbow pinata chiffon cake I made for my friend's daughter's birthday! She already had a Doc McStuffins topper so I made a pastel rainbow cake with a pink top decorated with purple hearts and baby blue wordings to match the theme. I could see she really put in a lot of effort to hand make items for the goodie bags, so I was touched and felt I needed to do my best too!

This is the pastel rainbow cake with the topper! :)


I used the recipe from Pastel Rainbow Chiffon Cake which involves steam baking, because when I'm not feeling lazy, I really love what steam baking does to the cake! I love how the moisture is incorporated into the cake and how lovely the cake rises :). I filled the chiffon hole with rainbow fruit loops and baked extra purple and blue layer cakes to cut out the heart and the name. 

I love how pretty and colourful the fruit loops look within the rainbow hole!


The entire confection is put together using melted marshmallows which act as edible glue but is so thin it can't really be tasted. Simply microwave a few marshmallows with some boiled water!

And here's a more top view of the chiffon cake! :)


Happy birthday Olivia! Hope you had a really great one with such a wonderful mummy!

With love,
Susanne


3 comments:

  1. My brother suggested I would possibly like this blog.
    He was once entirely right. This put up actually made my day.
    You can not believe simply how much time I had spent for this info!
    Thank you!

    Here is my weblog Dean Graziosi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, how do you hold the wordings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi I used melted marshmallows. I mentioned it above, not sure if you missed it. Thanks!

      Delete